Monday, May 26, 2008

Jack of All Trades and Master of None

Some people might feel that being known as a “jack of all trades and master of none” is a derogatory way of describing a person. I disagree with these people. To me, it means that a person is versatile, inquisitive and adventurous. This leads to personal growth. And, without personal growth, life is dull and stagnant.

My interests include studying the Biblical book of Revelation, painting, horse back riding to collecting semi–precious stones. Some trades take years to master, such as watercolor painting and horse riding.
I may never win a blue ribbon, but that’s not why I ride. I ride because I love the animals, and I grow from each experience with a horse. There is something special about horses, and being around them relaxes me. They are beautiful animals. Riding also helps build self-esteem, not to mention promoting excellent posture.
I may never see my paintings on display in an art gallery or win Best in Show, but that’s not why I paint. I paint because I like the transparent property of water color. I paint because I enjoy being creative.
I may never see my stone collection behind a glass museum case, but that’s not why I collect semi-precious stones. I collect gems and stones because they are beautiful, and they reflect the glory of the earth we inhabit. I have enjoyed collecting since High School.
I may never see any of my thoughts published in important theological journals, but that’s not why I study the book of Revelation. I study this Biblical work because is so abundant with richness of thought, mystery and awe. Revelation has too many topics too big to go into here, except to say that I do believe that we are living in the end of times. And, it is a topic that I will go into a lot more in my Blog postings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home