Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Special Projects ----An Outline

One of the things I would like to have in the future is my own Farm. I have wanted to get out of the “corporate rat race” for the past several years.
First, I would have to get a small farm to start. A small farm in Pa. costs around ½ million. I would be an organic farmer. There is a growing consumer demand for organic foods. Organic foods are a lot healthier.
Second, I would have to decide what to plant. I was thinking of planting vine crops like Tomatoes, Peppers, Eggplant and Cumbers. These are the plants I had growing in my garden as a child. So, I know a little something about how to grow them. Since, I have plans to farm all year long. I would have to put aside part of the acreage for Green Houses. Green Houses are good because it will enable me to start the pants on my own from seeds.
Third, is marketing. I have no idea how to approach supermarket chains. Any suggestions?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home